There are tons of self-publishing books available, but most are written for an American audience. Self-Publishing for Canadians is written by an experienced Canadian self-publisher. You’ll learn everything you need to know to bring your story or expertise to the world. Self-Publishing for Canadians covers the entire publishing process, including:
• How to polish your first draft – beta readers, professional editors, and more
• How to get ISBNs and CIP data
• Options for producing your print files
• Options for producing your ebook files
• How to get your books into all the major online bookstores
• How to publish to Kindle, kobo, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, and Google Play
• Canadian programs for publishers that can earn you extra money
• How to stop the IRS from keeping 30% of your revenue from book sales
• Audiobook production and distribution
• Options for selling books directly to readers
• How to avoid common mistakes
Start your self-publishing journey on the right foot with Self-Publishing for Canadians.
From the book:
Back in 2008 when I decided I wanted to self-publish a book, I did what you’re doing. I searched the Internet and bookstores for information about how to publish a book and get it into online stores. Most of the information I came across applied to Americans. I managed to find some information specific to Canadians, but in bits and pieces scattered across different websites. I had to cobble everything together. It was very time consuming, and there were gaps.
I’m writing this book in 2015, but unfortunately little has changed. It’s still difficult for Canadians to get all the information they need to know in one place. You still have to cobble it together. I belong to several publishing and writing organizations and groups, and I see Canadians asking how they can publish their books all the time. This book brings all the information together for you.