If you’re a Smashwords author, you might be missing out on behind the scenes information from Mark Coker, Smashwords’ CEO. We all sign in and rush to our Dashboards or the Sales & Payment page, so it’s easy to miss.
If you haven’t already, visit the Site Updates area. Mark posts news and information several times a week. He’ll tell you about:
- Upcoming promotional opportunities at Smashwords
- Blogs and websites eager to promote Smashwords books
- Any problems or bugs that Smashwords is experiencing
- New distribution deals
- News about Smashwords around the net and in print media
- When payments are going out (or have gone out)
- Planned changes to Smashwords
These are just a few of the areas Mark covers on the updates page. I check it at least once a week to make sure I don’t miss anything.
Have you been wondering why your balance hasn’t been updated since payments went out last week? Check the May 7th update to find out (congratulations, Mark!)